Yoga in the Wild
Asana | Meditation | Rafting
The Middle Fork & Salmon Rivers, Idaho
Get out of your chair and into the Idaho wilderness. Grab a paddle, a mat, an open mind and let’s raft down the Middle Fork and Main Salmon rivers in search of the wildest yoga classrooms on the planet.
Here’s what we’ll experience:
- Developing a dedicated practice. We’ll share ours, you build yours.
- Practicing select yoga sequences with variations
- Moving with breath
- Exploring yogic thinking beyond the mat
- Self observation through meditation
- Celebrating impermanence
- Learning from nature
- Cultivating mindfulness
HIKING & HOT SPRINGS
- Natural hot springs on the bank of the middle fork
- Abandoned miner’s cabins, waterfalls and wildlife
- Hikes to pictographs sites, historic abandoned homesteads, waterfalls and spectacular scenic overviews.
KAYAKING & RAFTING
- Guided by (6) Canyons River Company guides
- Approximately 15 miles per day
- Class III-IV
- Choice of oar rigged, paddle raft and inflatable kayaks
- Hard shell kayaks and canoes for experienced paddlers only
- Limited space available to only 22 guests
- Individual consultation to assess yoga history and establish intentions.
- Establish group connections using a private Facebook group.
- Share ideas, advice, photos and events on our private Facebook group page.
- The trip goes on…
A balanced, grounded lifestyle doesn’t just happen. It takes a vision and a dedicated practice. Use this expedition to create a practice that will bring you balance and health.
Here’s the bottom line:
4,000 per person
August 6th to 17th -- 2017
Frank Church Wilderness, Idaho
No experience necessary for yoga or rafting. Just show up!
- All instructions — including a Yoga Expeditions™ workbook
- Rafting/kayak equipment and guides
- Dry bags and yes…camp chairs!
- Gourmet meals and beverages (including beer and wine)
What's not included
- $4/day recreation Enhancement Act fee
- Sleeping bag/pad rental (optional and available for $35/pp)
- Personal paddling gear for hard shell kayakers
- Backcountry flights – our convenient and spectacular options